Hunter Roberts Construction Group brings to the market the expertise of construction industry veterans with the mentality of an entrepreneurial, progressive start-up company. Cofounded by James McKenna in 2005, the firm’s 12 original employees are senior level preconstruction and construction executives, each with 20 to 30 years of building experience. Our team of more than 350 construction professionals (490 including direct labor) offer the most qualified industry credentials and experience with many of the most renowned and technically-complex projects across the metropolitan area. We listen and truly understand our clients’ needs and goals better than any other construction services firm, while regularly exceeding expectations.
THE BEST PEOPLE PROVIDE THE BEST SERVICES
We hire every employee as if he / she is our first employee. As our company grows, we will maintain the same diligence in hiring employee number 500 as we did in the beginning, seven years ago. Our clients benefit from the best in-class staffing combined with the active involvement of senior management, all professionals who have been hand-picked for their records of success at leading construction management firms.
Hunter Roberts empowers its employees. Our project teams take responsibility for making day-to-day decisions with the full support of senior management. For our clients, this means that the person closest to your project is actively helping you solve your construction challenges in the most efficient and effective means possible.
We understand the budget constraints our clients are dealing with today. But we also know that limited resources can inspire creativity. We constantly challenge our project teams to make smart choices as if they were operating with limited resources. When our teams work within budget limits, they are forced to develop creative solutions for our clients without compromising quality, safety, or the integrity of the design.
Hunter Roberts was founded by a core group of builders and preconstruction experts who believed there was a need for a firm with a better way to meet client needs and build great projects. We are flexible and will make every effort to listen to our clients in order to promptly and effectively respond to their needs. Our entire organization is designed to understand our clients’ goals and concerns and help them achieve their dreams.
LOCATIONS, MARKETS AND SERVICES
Headquartered in New York City at 2 World Financial Center, Hunter Roberts operates full services offices in New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Connecticut. We currently offer expertise in a variety of market sectors including interiors, higher education, K-12, healthcare, transportation, residential, commercial, retail, public / government, cultural / preservation, and hospitality. We provide a broad range of construction services including preconstruction, construction management, program management, and general contracting.
We firmly believe that a strong preconstruction effort will lead to a project’s overall success. Our preconstruction staff includes experts in estimating, scheduling, purchasing, BIM, cost control, mechanical / electrical / plumbing, structural, civil, risk management, safety, value engineering, and project management.
Our reputation with our clients rests with the knowledge that we take pride in our work, applying the same focus and commitment to a job, whether it’s a small office fit-out or a $1 billion multi-phased new construction project. We have shown through our experience that we can handle satisfying multiple owners or oversight agencies, operations involving multiple phases or a constantly changing building program, and contracts that require work to be done during off hours or alongside occupied spaces. Project challenges are what we thrive on.
CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT AND GENERAL CONTRACTING
Approximately 45% of our work is negotiated; the other 55% is hard bid. Our construction management clients benefit from our at-risk contracting experience. We have excellent relationships with trade contractors and we are in the market on a daily basis, allowing us to price aggressively.
Hunter Roberts enthusiastically implements the Incident & Injury-Free safety initiative on every Hunter Roberts construction site. This revolutionary and personal approach towards accident prevention is based on the unwavering belief that the only acceptable commitment in safety is the complete elimination of worker injury.
Despite one of the most difficult economic times in world history, Hunter Roberts retains the same financial strength we possessed when we were founded in 2005. With a strong balance sheet we are capable of offering our clients a wide range of bonding and insurance programs, including:
· Contractor Controlled Insurance Programs (CCIP)
· Owner Controlled Insurance Programs (OCIP)
· Bonding capacity of approximately $1.5 billion
· Subcontractor Default Insurance (Subguard)